Wednesday 27 May 2015

Tomorrow, I Will Come to See You

I understand.
It is just not enough for me to simply like you 
or just to admire you.
I know. 
Yet when these pieces of feelings overflow,
I am hesitant to see you 'cause I know
in one way or another I'll end up crying.

At times when I recall
the way you talk, the way you smile,
and the way you look at me;
and your voice, your laughter
as you turn back to look at me,
a fizzy, warm feeling enfolds 
that carves a smile on my face
and erases the sadness of being alone.
Somehow.

Being stubborn, I keep swaying
between forlorn and this sparkling, bubbly feeling.
Unable to embrace both of them into my arms,
I end up hurting you more
and my heart is slowly crushed into dust
as the sun sets and day becomes dusk.

I fell in love with you, 
in a sunset filled with the scent of the wind,
I fell in love with you,
on a Sunday, filled with the sweet scent of the rain.
Yet,
I am too paralyzed to declare.

So I pray.
Once the morning light pours in 
I, with courage, will be able to say... 
... what I need to convey.




P.S.
The script above is the very-loosely-translated-and-hugely-edited version of Wakaba's song "Ashita, Boku wa Kimi ni Ai ni Iku". 
(Or, perhaps it is more appropriate to say that it is "a poem inspired by Ashita, Boku wa Kimi ni Ai ni Iku")
No particular reason why I write and upload this. 
Just a mood swing, I guess.
Or it might be because of the colour.
Blue.

Leicester, 27 May 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment